Vietnam Food (VNF) company specializes in processing shrimp co-products to create value-added ingredients for various industries whilst alleviating environmental burden.
VNF is currently both the pioneer and leading shrimp co-products processor in Vietnam, providing comprehensive eco-friendly solutions from both shrimp heads and shrimp shells.
Today’s wastage is tomorrow’s resources
VNF’s biotechnological ‘green’ orientation boosts the nutrient recovery and final value derived from shrimp co-products. Thus, breakthrough high-quality products can be sustainably offered to the market.
VALUE (3P’s MODEL)
- People: Safe, accessible, and sustainable nutrition solutions for the people
- Planet: Solutions to minimize environmental impacts, both from reducing landfill and lessening resource consumption
- Profit: Shrimp co-products industry is revolutionized as value-added product portfolio proves co-products as valuable assets, rather than liabilities
3P’s VALUE MODEL OF VNF
Wastewater treatment costs
Amount of shrimp co-products collected by VNF (that would’ve otherwise been directed towards landfills)
Resources recovered & reused during production
Final product portfolio adds exponential value from raw materials
Revolutionize a new shrimp co-products processing industry where value is found and added to a previously discarded raw materials
Provide nutrition-rich products made more accessible to local and global communities and industries.
Solve “burden” of shrimp co-products. Last puzzle piece to help shrimp industry more sustainable and can contribute higher values to society.
SOLUTION FOR NUTRITION
(1) Compared to traditional chitin production practices which consumes a lot of water and chemicals
(2) Rate is calculated as a percentage of the original volume
(3) Added value = Output Value/ Input Value